View Community Calendar
Subscribe to Community Calendar
View/Download Governing Documents
Get a RFID Access, Vehicle or Golf Cart Decal
Notify the Welcome Center for Guest Access
Submit Architectural Request
View/Download HOA Forms, Welcome Guide and More!
Join our Facebook Group
Our community is professionally managed by myHomeSpot.com intending to protect our property value and allow our neighbors to enjoy quiet living.
USING THE LODGE
There are two forms we have for our residents. We have an “Event Room” RESERVATION form which requires a $100 reservation fee. This is the ONLY room that can be “reserved” for exclusive use.
We have a “Library or Lodge Main Room” SCHEDULING form
where the resident is just letting the neighborhood know they plan to have a function in one of those rooms. There is no fee for scheduling a function…it is just to get their function on the nature
trail calendar to notify other residents. We also try to not have the library and main lodge room SCHEDULED at the same time.Function Schedule Application
ABOUT NATURE TRAIL
Located on the south side of Nine Mile Road, one mile west of I-10 off exit 5, Nature Trail captures the essence of rural living while minutes away from the thriving Pensacola area. Surrounded by unspoiled and protected woodland, Nature Trail offers residents covenant-enhanced living with unmatched amenities. Located on nearly 750 acres with more than half devoted to preservation efforts, this 659-lot gated community allows residents to find serenity while living conveniently close to shopping, dining and entertainment. Nature Trail is within 5 minutes of the grocery store, 10 minutes of the mall and other shopping and 15 minutes of hospitals, downtown Pensacola and the airport. With walking and running trails, tennis courts, residents’ lodge, fitness facility, play park, swimming pools, and more – Nature Trail is designed around the tranquility and beauty of the natural surroundings.
Welcome Center Contact (Gate House)
Located at 8995 Foxtail Loop, Pensacola, FL 32526, this is the 24/7 gated access to the community. All owners must have an access decal placed on their windshield for entry and may elect to purchase a RFID windshield decal which will automatically open the gate.
Phone: (850) 860-1074
All non-residents and commercial vehicles must enter and exit Nature Trail via the Welcome Center Gate House.
Nature Trail, a 659-lot gated community was designed to provide residents with upscale living and unmatched amenities while creating sustainable harmony between residence and the preserved, natural setting.
A 6,000 square foot facility overlooking the surrounding Nature Trail Preserve is designed specifically for residents to enjoy. The address is: 8775 Foxtail Loop Pensacola, FL 32526
- Rustic architecture, including stonework and rich wood accents embellished with tin awnings, high ceilings and large windows
- In-ground swimming pool with separate pool for children
- Outdoor Grills
- 24/7 Fitness center
- Tennis courts
- Meeting facilities and large outdoor space for special events
- Indoor and outdoor fireplaces
- Lodge site has additional acreage for future expansion
THE NATURE TRAIL LIFESTYLE
- Covenant-enhanced living
- Gated entry with continuous security at main entrance guard house
- Parks throughout
- Underground utilities
- Trails embedded within the nature preserve for fitness and educational opportunities
- School district includes Beulah Elementary, Beulah Academy of Science, Beulah Middle School and Pine Forest High School
President- Jerry Geil
Vice President- Marc Ratkus
Treasurer- Patrick Cobb
Secretary- Laurie Roberson
Director – Vacant Position
Director – Linda Bartlett
Director – John Hinds
Joining a committee is a great way to help serve your neighborhood and help the HOA Board. We would love to have your participation if you would like to join in helping our beautiful neighborhood. If you are interested in joining one of the committees listed below, or forming a new committee to meet a neighborhood need, please contact the HOA Board firstname.lastname@example.org.
Laurie Robertson- Board Liaison
Andy Warnette – Chair
Laurie Robertson- Board Liason
Kirsten Cull- Chair
Patrick Cobb – BOD Contact
Richard Podemski – Chair
NATURE TRAIL CONSERVANCY
Nature Trail, located on a portion of the Tree Farm Plantation, is situated on approximately 750 acres, with approximately 450 acres being preserved by the Nature Trail Conservancy. The Nature Trail Conservancy Trust, a non-profit organization, has been established to ensure the preservation and protection of the land. The Trust’s funding will derive from a sales transfer fee on all home sites and home sales, which will be contributed to the Trust in perpetuity. The Trust’s major functions are to manage the nature preserves and other open spaces, provide educational programs for residents and guests and consult with property owners to implement sound development plans and land management as well as landscaping practices. The Trust will establish a model of land stewardship in keeping with the environment integrity of Nature Trail.
Steps have been taken throughout the development to protect wetlands and jurisdictional lands. In addition, the county-required buffer area is significantly enlarged, allowing for the protection of the sensitive plant and wildlife in the area. At Nature Trail, forward thinking in preservation efforts creates a beautiful setting for residents while ensuring its protection for the future.
Serving as a key figure in the Nature Trail development and conservation efforts, Mike Green embodied a passion to ensure that this unique development created a harmonious relationship between nature and man. Dedicated in his memory, The Mike Green Nature Trail allows residents to enjoy Nature Trail’s unspoiled landscape.
Justin Farrior- President
Herbert Williams – Vice President
Chris McBrayer – Secretary/Treasurer
Derek Hoxworth- Director
Christopher O’Donnell- Director
Joseph Siefert- Director
Rules & Regulations
Owners, Residents, and Guest must adhere to all posted signage at the facilities. The recreational facilities operate for the benefit of property owners of Nature Trail and are restricted to the following:
- Owners and their family residing in the household
- Tenants of a property with a transfer of usage form on file
- Guests of the property owner
Facility Hours of Operation
- Pool: 6:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Playground: Closes at sundown
- Tennis/Basketball Court: 8:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Lodge: 8:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Fitness Center: Open 24 hours
Property Owner Usage Policy
- Homeowners Association (HOA) dues must be current
- No outstanding violations or outstanding fees
Tenants Usage Policy
- A tenant may have open usage of the facilities as if he/she were a property owner
- The property owner must give up his/her usage rights to the facilities for that specific property and specified period of time
- The property owner must register the tenant(s) and furnish Nature Trail HOA with a copy of the rental agreement and a transfer of usage form prior to any usage
- Guests must be accompanied by an owner at all times
- Each family/household is limited to a maximum of five (5) guests at the pool and a maximum of two (2) at the tennis/basketball courts
- The Board, at its discretion, reserves the right to further limit this number during times of peak usage
- An owner/family member must be 18 years old to sign in a guest
- Owners are responsible for the conduct of their guests. Guests will be asked to leave if found to be violating the rules and regulations. Any infractions of the rules by a guest will be treated as if the owner had committed the offense and will be dealt with according to the covenants.
- No owner or anyone in their household that is not in good standing may be a guest
Back Gate Policy
- Owners or Residents must have an RFID decal to enter the back gate and Owners or Residents must be in their personal vehicle with a Nature Trail Resident Decal
- Resident Decals can be obtained at the Welcome Center. Please bring your vehicle registration and photo ID. Each decal is assigned to a vehicle tag.
- Nature Trail Resident Decal number will be associated to your RFID decal in the master database.
- Two RFID decals are provided for each resident from the prior homeowner. Extra vehicle access RFID decals may be purchased by filling out the RFID request form located on the Nature Trail website (add link).
- Your Management reserves the right to revoke or suspend owner usage privileges if Rules and Regulations are not followed.
Swimming Pool Rules
- There are no lifeguards on duty and all persons using the pool and pool area do so at their own risk. Nature Trail Homeowners Association assumes no liability of risk for injuries, deaths or loss or damage to any personal property of anyone using the recreational facilities.
- Owners must sign in prior to entering the pool area, you must identify a lot number and/or street address and provide photo ID to confirm your identity.
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult age 18 or older.
- All swimmers must shower before entering the pool.
- All swimmers must be able to demonstrate swimming proficiency by being able to swim one length of the pool, if not accompanied by an adult.
- Appropriate swim attire must be worn at all times. No cut-offs, denim or 100% cotton shorts are permitted as this damages the filtration system.
- Infants, toddlers and non potty-trained children must wear swim diapers or rubber pants at all times when using the pools. Diapers may not be changed at poolside.
- No one with an infectious disease, inflamed eyes, nasal or ear infections, open wounds or bandages will be allowed in the swimming pool.
- No wet bathing suits allowed in the Lodge with the exception of the kitchen.
- Restrooms are located outside the Lodge near the pool area.
- The pool and pool area will be immediately cleared whenever thunder or lightning is present, or at other times when management believes that extreme weather conditions are present. The pool will only reopen when deemed safe by management.
- Running and horseplay in the pool area is strictly prohibited.
- Diving is not allowed in any of the pools.
- Only “nerf” type or inflatable beach balls are allowed in the pool area. Balloons, hard balls (i.e. tennis balls, footballs, baseballs, basketballs) and hard objects used for throwing are not allowed in or around the pool.
- Tubes, floats, kickboards and noodles are allowed. During times of peak pool usage, management, at its discretion, can limit the use of all flotation devices.
- No skateboards, rollerblades or bicycles allowed in the pool area.
- Pets are not allowed in the pool or pool area.
- No profane or abusive language, shouting or fighting in the pool or pool area.
- No smoking in the pool or pool area. Ash urns have been provided on the back patio of the Lodge.
- No glass containers of any kind are allowed in the pool or pool area. Food and drinks should be in unbreakable containers.
- Food and beverages are not allowed in the water or within 5 feet of the pool edge.
- No chewing gum is allowed in the pool area.
- It is the responsibility of all swimmers to pick up their trash. All trash should be thrown away in the trash containers. It is not the responsibility of the management to clean up after owners and their guest.
- Proper use of pool furniture is expected of all adults and children. Pool furniture should remain out of the pools. Report any damaged furniture to management.
- Radios and other electronic devices must be battery operated and maintained at a volume level so not to disturb others.
- Do not prop open any of the pool gates at any time.
- Private parties are not permitted at the pool. Reserving the Lodge does not include use of the pool.
- The playground is designed for children between the ages of 2 and 12 years old.
- Children 8 years old and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Failure to use the playground equipment properly can result in serious injury.
- No skateboards, rollerblades or bicycles allowed in the playground area.
- No pets allowed in the playground area.
- No food or drinks allowed in the playground area or on playground equipment.
- No glass or sharp objects allowed in the playground area.
- No smoking in the playground area.
- All trash should be thrown away in the trash containers.
- Playground closes at sundown.
Tennis/Basketball Courts Rules
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult age 18 or older.
- All players must wear proper attire while on the courts. This includes t-shirts, shorts, sweat suits or other appropriate athletic clothes and athletic shoes.
- Courts will be closed if management decides that wet or icy conditions make play unsafe. Play must be stopped and courts vacated if it starts raining or thunder and lightning is present. Courts will only reopen when deemed safe by management.
- There is a one (1) hour time limit for tennis matches and basketball games if others are waiting to play.
- No food or drinks are allowed on the courts. Water in plastic bottles may be consumed court side.
- Good sportsmanship should prevail at all times. Abuse of the courts and equipment, profane or abusive language, shouting or fighting is strictly prohibited.
- No skateboards, roller blades, bicycles or motorized vehicles are allowed on the courts.
- No pets are allowed on the courts.
- The use of chalk or any other writing utensils on the court is prohibited.
- This area is only intended for tennis, pickle ball, and basketball. Other activities are prohibited.
Fitness Center Rules
- Use of the fitness center and equipment is restricted to owners 18 years or older. Children under 18 are not permitted inside the fitness center at any time.
- To enter the fitness center, please use the keypad to the right of door to enter your 4-digit code followed by the # sign. Pull the door slightly towards you and push it open.
- Proper attire must be worn while in the fitness center. This includes t-shirts, shorts, sweat suits or other appropriate athletic clothes and athletic shoes.
- No wet swimsuits, bare feet or sandals are allowed in the fitness center.
- No food is allowed in the fitness center.
- No pets are allowed in the fitness center.
- All owners workout at their own risk. Only use equipment if you are in proper health condition to do so.
- The equipment in this facility presents hazards which, if not avoided, could cause serious injury or death. Management assumes no responsibility for any injury that may occur.
- Prior to using equipment, read all warning labels and instruction placards affixed to each machine.
- Immediately report any piece of equipment that is not functioning properly to management.
- Do not attempt to use or fix any piece of equipment that is not functioning properly.
- Abuse of the equipment, profane or abusive language, shouting or fighting is strictly prohibited.
- To maintain a clean, healthy environment use provided sanitized gym wipes to wipe off equipment after every use.
- Cardiovascular/aerobic equipment has a thirty (30) minute limit if someone is waiting to use it. No piece of strength equipment can be continuously used for more than fifteen (15) minutes if someone is waiting to use it.
- Do not adjust the thermostat. If there is a problem with the temperature please speak to management.
- Turn off the television and lights when leaving the fitness center.
- To obtain or change your Gym code, Please contact the Management Team at: email@example.com
Nature Trail uses the ‘Charleston’ style mailboxes from ‘Addresses of Distinction’:
You may also order the mailbox on Amazon:
Lodge Library Reservations
The Library section of the Lodge is available to all Nature Trail owners to exclusively schedule for functions on any day or evening. This area of the Lodge can be closed off for private functions and owners and guests will still have access to the kitchen and restrooms. However, the remainder of the Lodge and Pool area will be available to all owners for normal use during the function.
Event RoomReservations are for owners only and cannot be made for non-owners. Owners must be in attendance the entire time of function. Reservations must be made 10 days in advance of an event.
Written reservations are required to obtain the use of the Lodge Library for functions and are taken on a first-come, first served basis. Owners must be current on their HOA dues. You need to fill out the library reservation form.
Rules during a function:
- Occupancy limit is 50 guests
- No live bands or loud outside music
- No outside catering is allowed
- No slides, trampolines or jump inflatables
- All functions must end by 10 PM
Pool Rules during a function:
- Reserving the Lodge Library does not include use of the pool
- Pool guest limit is a maximum of 5 per family, not per person
- Do not use tape, push pins, nails, staples or thumb tacks on the walls, ceiling, windows or doors
- Do not attach anything to the floor using tape, nails or glue
- Do not use ceiling fans or light fixtures to secure or hang anything
- All decorations must be removed
- No confetti of any kind is allowed
Event Room Reservation guidelines:
- Commercial functions are prohibited at the Lodge.
- Reservations will require a use fee. A reservation form must also be completed at the time the reservation is made.
- The owner who schedules/ reserves the Lodge Library or Event Room assumes full responsibility for the conduct of their guests and any damage done, including any damage caused by party décor.
- After use of the Lodge Library or Event Room, the owner will be responsible for returning all portable furniture to its storage location and removing and disposal of all decorations, inside and out. NO Furniture should be moved.
- Smoking is not permitted inside the Lodge. Ash urns have been provided on the back patio for smoking.
- Security guard must be contacted to lock the Lodge after use.
- Any deviation from or violation of the above guidelines will result in your deposit being withheld. Management reserves the right to revoke or suspend owner usage privileges if rules and regulations are not followed.